Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wacky Wednesday Weigh In

I think the posting everyday on this blog is a bit of a pipe dream. I can't find 5 minutes to go to the bathroom alone much less a few minutes longer to try to piece together a full sentenced blog.

Anyway it's weigh in day and as of last week I've lost another 1.5 pounds. It's not much but this week I tried a lot of different workouts, some obviously less strenuous than others. My new favorite is Just Dance 3 for wii. I'm sure it would be more fun if I had a connect but I'm not buying an x-box just so I don't have to hold a controller. The sweat option on the game is awesome, if you do the entire playlist, which I think is maybe 10 songs you work out for around 45 minutes. There is a 7 day work out option on there which is what I'm going to try this week. It gives you the same amount of sweat as walking, running or swimming for 30 minutes. I did the work out and finished in the 30 minute time frame, but it was a challenge. The challenge was not the moves or my endurance it was my children. Just two of them, both 17 months old, running around while I'm trying to dance. I thought since they enjoy music and dancing that they would get a kick out of watching me. I was clearly wrong. Also I have a list of errands to run that is as long as my arm and I wanted to finish the work out, shower, change the girls and get out of the house in time to finish before school pick up. Unfortunately this proved to be too ambitious a goal. As I type this the girls are down for a nap and I'm sitting here with dripping hair contemplating what things I can slice off my list to do on another day.

Here is a little visual of how the work out went. Picture a living room, slightly cluttered with toys and shoes. The offending items have been pushed out of the way to make room for the curvy woman standing in the middle of the room. She holds the wii remote in one hand, clicking the options on the screen. Below here two small gnome-like children meander around picking up the toys and pressing buttons on the dvd player. The music begins and all three people turn their attention to the television. The largest one starts gesticulating in an effort to keep up with the dancing image on screen. The gnomes take this as an opportunity to try to steal each other's toys, which leads to someone hitting the other over the head with a shoe. The injured party immediately runs to dancing mommy in order to be comforted. They receive no such comfort and in response they throw themselves on the floor directly in front of mommy's dancing feet. Mommy steps back, onto a pointy toy, and then forward gently nudging the child out of the way. The other child feeling like she wants to join in the fun sneaks up behind mommy and grabs her pant leg. Dancing mommy is now moving disjointedly with two children hanging on her. The song ends and as she reaches down to pick up someone but they immediately get up and move onto something else. Convinced, stupidly, that she can continue dancing mommy starts the next song. The crying, clinging and all around insanity continue for another 3 songs before it becomes eerily quiet. Dancing mommy, cringes and decides to finish the workout. Once finished she hobbles towards her bedroom with only a cool shower on her mind. As she passes over the threshold she sees two little gnomes pulling all the clean laundry out of a basket. Shrugging she moves on to the bathroom and starts the water. Interested in the sound of water the girls drop what their doing and wander in just as mommy steps into the shower. Finding their mother trapped behind glass with soapy hair and closed eyes they take the opportunity to riffle through the sink cabinets. Pulling out all manners of feminine products, they leave the bathroom to sprinkle them around the house where mommy won't find them but assuredly a visiting guest will. That not being enough the second mommy steps out of the shower she is accosted by two crying babies, each demanding to be picked up immediately. Mommy does just that, announcing nap time in the process and dropping the offending subjects into their tiny mattressed prisons.

By the way, the girls still aren't asleep and I suppose if I was a glutton for punishment I could get them up, dressed and still probably run all my errands.


1 comment:

  1. LOL! Wonderful visual, and I thought my life was hard! :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete