Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Introduction

My name is Therese and yesterday the scale read 300 pounds. I can't believe I'm sharing that on the internet but I am. I feel so embarrassed that a number, a very high one, can make me feel so depressed. But instead of crawling into a huge bowl of spaghetti carbonara, which is probably what got me to this point in the first place, I'm making this the year of losing. I have 365 days to work on losing weight. I suppose I should set a goal, how about 100 pounds. I don't know if that is even possible but I'll just throw it out there. Next year on January 4th I'd like to post my final blog stating that the scale read 200 pounds. I think the goal is outrageous but reach for the moon and you land in the stars.
Well here I go, wish me luck.

Ugh, I guess I should post a hideous before picture. This is from the first of December.

3 comments:

  1. Go Therese, go! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about posting a hideous number (I've done the same) is that when you are struggling and want to throw in the towel, you can look back and see just how far you've come. Congrats on taking the first step :) Anything is possible.

    ~Shelley
    @momma_oz on twitter
    http://www.slightly-off-kilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way to change that number is admit it otherwise its easy to lie to ourselves. You should check out @nccarterfamily on twitter. She has lost 75+lbs this year. She just finished her time as a mamavation mom.
    You can do this!
    Megan @mnmspecial

    ReplyDelete