Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2

I suppose the second day of weight loss is just as easy as the first. Still primed with motivation and a good outlook on the whole process, the routine just fell into place. I tried the zumba sculpt and tone dvd. It includes these handy weighted maracas. They maybe weigh a few pounds at the most. However they should probably come with some sort of a wrist guard like the wii remote. Once the workout began I pretty much lost feeling in my sausage fingers by maybe 5 minutes in. But I persevered and managed to make it 30 minutes. The DVD is 45 minutes and I hope that in the future I will make it through the whole thing. I made it through 10 more minutes than the day before and thankfully the peanut gallery was busy with a painting project. She did bring me a bottle of water and insisted I make sure to hydrate. It was a sweet gesture and the fact that a comment about how sweaty I was wasn't included made it even better.

Food wise, I stayed within my points. I discovered a new delicious salmon dish using miso paste and a whole bag of spinach. I even made it through a Joe's Crab shack dinner with 7 points to spare. I have a theory about why a bucket of crabs is so low on the point scale, you spend so much time cracking them, wiping your fingers, tossing the shells and giving some to the starving child next to you that you don't really eat any of them. Also thanks to the bbq seasoning rub I discovered a lot of small cuts on my hands. The pain obviously made me eat less.
Early to rise and the mild to moderate exercise made me tired. The fact that the power was out at my parents house when we arrived made going to bed early a non-issue.

I deem day 2 a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment